When it comes to replacing your backyard fence, your automatic thought is most likely to choose a wooden fence. However, this is not the only option, and it may not even be the best option despite its popularity. Vinyl fencing is becoming increasingly popular. Here are five reasons why:
- Color Options. Although you can paint your wood fence, you can choose the color you actually want for your vinyl fence right away, and you don't have to take the time to paint it. On top of this, the vinyl fence color you choose is not going to chip or fade. This is going to save you on the time and money spent to paint it over time.
- Easy to Clean. Vinyl fencing is extremely easy to clean because you can simply spray it down with the hose. If you want to take it a bit further, all you need is a soft sponge and some mild dish soap to remove stubborn dirt spots.
- No Pests. Pests are a major concern when it comes to wood fencing. This is because pests, such as termites, can get inside of the wood fencing and easily become attracted to your home as well. On top of this, if a wood fence becomes moist from excessive exposure to water, it becomes a great place for ants to settle near since they can gather that water from it. Vinyl fencing doesn't have any elements that make it attractive for pests.
- Easy to Install. Vinyl fencing can be bought in strips that are already ready to be installed. You simply secure the posts and attach the strips to them. If you're not keen on doing this yourself, you can still ensure that it is affordable to install because of how easy it is. The professionals don't charge as much since labor is easier and the time it takes is lower.
- Affordable Long Term. The long-term maintenance on vinyl fencing is much more affordable as well. This is because you don't have to worry about water damage, pests, chipping, and other common problems that are found with wood fencing. For this reason, vinyl fencing also lasts much longer, which means that you don't have to worry about replacement for a long time to come.
When you know these five reasons to install a vinyl fence in your backyard, you can see why, in the end, it's likely a much better option for you over wood fencing. Consult with a fence contractor like Family Fence Company to get started on your vinyl fence.